The government has announced that some people will be eligible for a booster dose of the Covid-19 vaccine. The booster programme will follow the same priority groups for rollout and in the same order as the one advised by the Joint Committee for Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) for the initial Covid vaccination programme and will take place at least six months after the second dose for eligible patients.
- This is booster vaccine likely to be the Pfizer vaccine
- The vaccine cannot be given before 6 months after a person’s second dose.
- As many of you know the Pfizer vaccine requires also people to be observed for 15 minutes following the vaccine.
For the logistic reasons above the practice has decided that we will not be co-administrating both flu and Covid-19 vaccinations at the same time and will now strive to deliver the flu vaccination to all eligible groups and as soon as we can then deliver the Covid-19 booster programme.
Covid-19 booster clinics:
We are holding clinics in Kinver Sports and Community centre on;
- Tuesday 19th October
- Thursday 21st October and,
- Friday 22nd October
And the following week at Kingswinford Community Centre
- Monday 25th October and
- Wednesday 27thOctober.
For all the logistical reasons stated above we cannot hold drop in covid booster clinics at the surgery and will contact everyone when they become eligible to book your appointment.
These are suitable and safe sites to deliver this vaccine.
We understand you may wish to have your immunisation in either Kinver or Kingswinford but please can we ask you accept the appointment offered as we have to deliver the booster programme in an orderly manner to eligible patients who have had their second Covid vaccine more than 6 months ago.
Your co-operation in this matter would be hugely appreciated
Please do not contact the surgery to book your appointment we will contact you.
For all these sessions we would ask you to adhere to these requests:
- Everyone must wear a face covering.
- Wear loose clothing so our nurses can easily access your arm. Gentlemen, please wear a short sleeve shirt.
- Be prepared to queue.
- Be aware of social distancing and always maintain a safe distance from other attendees before, during and after your injection.
Your co-operation would be greatly appreciated as we try our best to immunise you all in a safe and effective way.