The last year as been extremely difficult for us all.
It has caused many of us to feel anxious, low and lonely.
Many of you with existing Mental Health issues may have found these to worsen during this time.
All of us at Moss Grove are here to help you manage and cope with these issues.
Below is a list of groups and self-help sites that can help, along with contact details for Dudley talking therapies and Seisdon wellbeing support which you can access yourselves.
Please get in touch if you feel your mental health is worsening or you need further support.
Common mental health problems
- www.web.ntw.nhs.uk/selfhelp – booklets on: abuse, alcohol, anxiety, bereavement, anger, depression, domestic abuse, eating disorders, health anxiety, hearing voices, OCD, Panic, PTSD, Post Natal depression, self-harm, social anxiety and sleeping problems
- www.beatingtheblues.co.uk – online CBT course
Young person’s support
- www.kooth.com – online support for young people
- WHAT Centre – 01384 379992 (S) or 01384 885488 (D)
- Here4youth – 01384 241440 – www.cranstoun.org/here4youth-dudley
- www.papyrus-uk.org – this has some really good resources and information on managing distressing and self-harm thoughts
Older persons support
Books- should be available from local libraries or amazon
- Overcoming depression (Paul Gilbert)
- Overcoming anxiety (Helen Kennerley)
- Overcoming Low self esteem (Melanie Fennell
- Overcoming Health anxiety (David Veale and Rob Wilson)
- Overcoming Binge eating ( Christopher G Fairburn)
- Overcoming OCD (David Veale and Rob Wilson)
- Overcoming worry and Generalised anxiety disorder (Mark Freeston and Kevin Meares)
- Overcoming unwanted intrusive thoughts (Sally M Winston and Martin Seif)
- Overcoming perfectionism (Sarah Egan Wade)
- Overcoming Panic A self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques (by Prof Vijaya Manicavasagar and Prof Derrick Silove)
- The number for the Dudley Talking therapy service is: 0800 953 0404 -16+ school leavers for therapy
- The number for Seisdon Wellbeing team is: 01785 783031 (South Staffs)
- www.bacp.co.uk – directory of qualified and accredited therapists
Drug and alcohol
- Wolverhampton and Dudley CRUSE Tel: 01902 420055 Bereavement counselling Email: email@example.com
- Edwards Trust; support for families and children following the loss of a child www.edwardstrust.org.uk
Help in a crisis
- Black Country emotional support helpline
- Crisis team 01384 325 300 out of hours
- Samaritans 116 123 (24/7)
- Staffordshire mental health helpline Call- 0808 800 2234 Text- 07860 022821 7pm- 2am weekdays 2pm-2am weekends
- Staffordshire access team- 0808 196 3002 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Parenting and family support
- Family Lives helplines
Helpline and website that provides lots of information and support to parents and families, their advice includes communicating with teenagers, school issues, bullying, parenting, family life, divorce and separation, pregnancy and birth and advice for becoming a Dad.
They have online parenting courses, videos and online live chats.
Phone 0808 800 2222 Monday to Friday 9am-9pm Saturday and Sunday 10am -3pm
- www.thriveintowork.org – 01384 324645